Behavior Based Defensive Driving Techniques for Cars (Group Package)
Date: Subject to availability of trainer and participants
Time: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Venue: To be confirm by trainer and participants
No. of Participants: Purchase for 10 pax and get 2 pax for free
The current death toll on our roads are 19 persons a day and this number is on the rise. Out of this, 12 are motorcyclist (Source: PDRM). The Behaviour Based Defensive Driving Technique for Cars provides participants with the skills, knowledge and behavior to effectively apply, organize and articulate safe driving on the road. The aim of this training is to ensure that participants will be able to drive safely and in line with relevant driving related laws and regulations, to prevent crashes, damages, injuries and fatalities.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- •To understanding the concept of Defensive Driving Techniques
- •To identify driving hazards and how to prevent crashes, damages, injuries and fatalities
- •Apply defensive driving techniques
- •To inculcate the right driving behaviour via Defensive Driving Techniques via skills, knowledge and attitude
Participants shall be gain understanding to the following contents:
•Introduction to Road Traffic Safety, Road Traffic Crash Statistics
•Introduction to Bahaviour Defensive Driving
•Defensive Driving Techniques – The Five Key Method
•Defensive Driving Technique – Hazard Indenfication
- A valid D-class Competent Driving License (CDL)
- An open attitude to unlearn, relearn and learn new defensive driving techniques
METHOD OF LEARNING AND TYPE OF ASSESSMENT
This training program is designed to meet the stated objectives. Knowledge, skills and attitude competencies will be imparted to the participants through the following methods:
Theory: Classroom-based learning which includes explanation & demonstration. Knowledge of advanced driving, instruction and coaching methods will be delivered in a classroom setting. The usage of aids such as audio/visual aids (Slides & Videos), props and course handouts. Participants will be assessed via a multiple-choice questionnaire test in Bahasa Malaysia at the end of the theory session.
A certificate will be issued by the Trainer upon successful completion of the written assessment.
- •Staff who drive to work
- •Staff who drive for work
- •Sales staff
- •Company Drivers
- •OSH practitioners
- •Safety and Health Committee Members
Harjit, is a passionate trainer in Road Safety, loves working with people. His commitment to making learning enjoyable and fun comes from a friendly and interactive nature of him. He has a unique ability to relate to people from all levels that makes his sessions learner oriented. His in-depth knowledge and experience in Road Transport Safety have sparked the sense to reach and teach the younger generation on the message of internalising Road Safety. His corporate experience with multinationals managing Road Transport Safety via many methods including the development and training of teaching modules on Anti-theft and anti-hijack measures, Defensive Driving Techniques for Heavy Good Vehicles for several multinational clients and the results has been outstanding in reducing the number of road traffic accidents.
• B.A (Hons) University Malaya
• Trainer for Behavior Based Defensive Driving for Malaysian Road and Transportation Safety Association (MRTSA)
• Trainer for Safe Motorcycle Riding for Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS)
• Chartered Member of Charted Institute of Logistics and Transport Malaysia (CILT)
• Certificate in Basic Loss Adjusting
• Certified Train-the-Trainer (TTT) by NIOSH and HRDF
• Certificate in Safety and Health Officer
• Certified Lead Auditor in ISO39001 Road Traffic Safety Management System by DNV and NIOSH Certification Malaysia
• Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CSPT) by Safe Kids Worldwide
• Certified Driving Instructor by Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan, Malaysia.
• Panel member for the development of the National Occupation Skill Standard (NOSS) curriculum in Road Transport Safety Management (RTSM) for Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran